Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Birthday card for a pretty girl


Sometimes, when I start a card, I have no idea how it will turn out. This card is the prime example.
I needed a card for my niece who is turning 14 later this month. I knew what it couldn't be. I couldn't have cute, babyish stamps, it couldn't have too much pink etc. etc.... No cutsey stuff...after all she is turning 14!

So I chose this beautiful paper from DCWV "Once upon a time" collection for the background and a green polka dot paper from the "Christmas Collection". And then, somehow, the card built itself from there :)
The paper on the bookmark is an old paper from an origami packet that I bought when we lived in Japan, some 13 years ago. I do tend to hold on and save things for a looooong time....


 And my proudest achievement - I built the fence myself..Didn't have the die cut :(


I am submitting this card for two challenges:
Flutter by Wednesday's
Stampin' for the weekend- Flowers -polka dots- die cuts ( the round green butterfly die from Spellbinders )




No comments:

Post a Comment