Monday, March 19, 2012

Fairies

[W]hen the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.  And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy.  So there ought to be one fairy for every boy or girl.  ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan


There is nothing more magical, more ethereal than garden fairies. Summer evenings, lying in the backyard, watching the sun go down and the stars beginning to shine....I remember my childhood like it was yesterday, especially the lazy summer days. And I have always loved the above mentioned quote. Isn't it sooooo....cute. Reminds us to fill the lives of our children with love and laughter. Childhood comes, but only once..
And now to the card, I wanted to make it look just a bit rosy, just a bit ethereal ( there's that word again :D ) and something everyone would like, so this is what I came up with

The beige paper is from the DCWV Heirloom stack and I distressed the edges slightly with the walnut stain. The rosy pink paper is from the Luxury collection. The image is from a free fairy coloring page at http://fairycoloringpages.blogspot.com/. 


 I drew and cut the tree branch by hand. I wanted to leave a little something unusual in the card. So I drew a  small bird on a blue card stock and put it on the bottom. Not using the blue color anywhere else on the card, makes the little bird pop out, just a bit....



Submitting this for the following challenge blog
flutter by wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment