Sunday, March 25, 2012

Little cutie pie

I think I have fallen in love......with garden fairies and winter fairies and, well, all kinds of fairies. They are so adorable and what is so interesting is that there are a number of free images on the web available for coloring, so long you don't use them for commercial purposes. Here's my latest love




I used the sketch at My time made easy challenge blog ( http://mytimemadeeasy.com/blog/) for my card. I wanted to keep the background as close to neutral as possible, so used this lovely paper from K& Company. The vertical paper ribbon was made with the cuttlebug embossing folder where as the horizontal one was double punched using my new border punch. Love the stars on it - not too visible on this card but I plan to use it over and over and over...again :)



Isn't this little cutie pie adorable ? I found some new markers to color it with. While I have been resisting the temptation to buy copic markers ( they are sooooo expensive), I found some alcohol ink markers ( Spectrum noir) which are not so bad. It will give me a chance to better my coloring and shading skills before I move to the more expensive ones.
The butterfly is punched with my trusted Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Punch.
Added a bit of glitter to some of the images, after all, it is a magical card :)

Submitting it to the following challenges
My time made easy Pretty Pattern Sketch (MTMEPPS51)
Flutter by Wednesday challenge 195

No comments:

Post a Comment