Thursday, March 8, 2012

My sister's B'day

My sister is a wonderful person and her birthday is coming....and soon. Well, not so soon actually, but when you have to mail your card halfway around the world, you don't want to take any chances.  So I have been thinking of making a perfect b'day card for her and the current challenge at the shabby tea room made my job sooooo much easier :)
The inspiration for this week is this beautiful picture

http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/2012/03/week-104-colorful-confections.html



I decided to make a step ladder card - haven't made one of those in a really long time. So, her is my interpretation


The papers are from the "Garden Party" matstock by DCWV, except for the pink flower paper which is from an old origami packet. I used a number of die cuts from the Parisian motif and the Parisian accent by Spellbinders.




For the butterfly, I used the Martha Stewart Punch.
And all that is left now is to mail it tomorrow morning :)




1 comment: