Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A card for a boy

Making a card for a boy is probably one of the hardest things for me. Reason : Lack of embellishments. Really now, a card without a few flowers or butterflies, some pearls and a bit of lace... what does one do to make the card special, one of a kind?
One of the things I found was to use shapes. Shaped cards always have that extra wow factor which a regular rectangular card sometimes lack. So here is my double fold card for a little boy


It is simple. It is neat and it just relies on the colors to make it stand out.
The papers are from DCWV. The image is one of my favorite Precious moments.  Unfortunately, we have had a cloudy / rainy weather for the past few days and I wasn't able to get a good picture. The colors are far more vibrant than they appear in this pic.


The insert is embossed with the cuttlebug embossing folder and I used a die from the spellbinder Parisian motif to make the pull-out tag.
Submitting for the following challenges
2 sisters challenge blog
where the challenge was " Bring on the boys"

and
Pile it on
where the challenge was "Two or more folds"

No comments:

Post a Comment