Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A long time

I haven't uploaded anything to my blog for a long time. The truth is that I was getting bored of doing similar cards and wanted some freshening up of my creativity...So I took a break, surfed the web looking for ideas to incorporate, not just from cards but anything and everything that is beautiful - from color combinations to different techniques. And I am once again awed by all the wonderful, talented people out there...
Here is my creation, a bit different from my other cards


I used paper layering technique here.
I intentionally made this card with neutral colors. All the branches / trees were hand drawn and then cut. The little round buds on the top most trees are punched out circles which were then glued on ( that one took some time and patience ! ) The flowers were cut from one of the DCWV stacks but they were in purple color, so I just went over them with black marker and they look great.
And the inside is


It is a pop-up butterfly. Very easy to make and the red backing papers makes it look spectacular, if I may say so myself :)
Here is a close-up


My first attempt at a pop-up card. These are so fascinating, aren't they.....
I think I am going to make more of these....soon.

Submitting it for the following challenge
Tuesday throwdown challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment