Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A new appreciation....





I have always marveled at the talent of the card makers around the world and their generosity in not only sharing their art but also the techniques, tips and tricks. And now, after being out of updating my blog for a really long time, I have a new found appreciation for all those who manage to make such beautiful cards at a regular and mind-boggling pace. Hats off to you all, ladies....

My card this week, well, it took a lot longer than a week to make ( LOL ) followed the sketch at the Sugar Bowl Challenge blog

And my interpretation of the same is


The stamp is "Reflective" Sugar Nellie
The background paper is from a dozen or so DCWV paper stacks that I own !
For the brick layering , I just cut a card stock paper in to rectangles and stacked them...put a bit of color using the chalk pastels and voila....
Really proud of my hand made flowers, especially the one on the left. Doesn't it look very Prima type??

Submitting it to the following challenges


and 

where the challenge was to use punches and/or dies
and I used both, of course. My trusted Spellbinder oval for the image and punches for the flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment