Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summertime...



Summer time isn't exactly great for creating cards. There is the traveling and of course, the schools are closed which means kids are home and so there is the driving around and....Well, in short, schedules get messed up and I don't get much energy / inspiration to make a card. So if there is one thing that I like about winter, then it is that I am cooped up in the house and can make more cards!

So after a long time, here is my card



Isn't she the loveliest....Every time I look at her, I want to board the next flight to Hawaii - so beautiful...
But back to the card which I made using the sketch from the Sketch Saturday challenge blog.
 I added a little twist though.. Its a tri-fold card which opens up....

and brings in to focus the flower which was created using the Spellbinders rose dies. I distressed the edges a bit to give it more definition.



The back of the image needed to be hidden - Sewing on the edges doesn't exactly present a beautiful back-side :)

This did leave two panels unadorned which is a great thing if I wanted to write a big message.  Added a completely different paper on the last panel - always a bit unexpected :)


Submitting for the following challenges

Sketch Saturday challenge

and

Cardmadfairy's Digi Days challenge

Everybody Art Challenge 

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely and unusual card. Thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image and great card for the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week. So glad u could take part this week. Best wishes, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on the sketch. Lovely colors, image and papers :)

    health training

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and that image is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and captivating card...unique combo of ribbons and flowers to embellish card...

    ReplyDelete