Sunday, November 18, 2012

At long last....


So lets first start with why I named this post " At long last". Well, the simple answer is I have been hoarding this paper for a very long time. Looking at it over and over again, refusing to let it go...refusing to take my scissor to it. Doesn't it sound silly? But actually, I really liked this paper from one of the K&Co stacks that I bought a long time ago and I just didn't have the heart to use it. Its like looking at the rose on the bush and wondering do you want to cut it and get it inside the house and put it in a vase or do you want to let it stay on the bush. I mean, once I make it in to a card I have to let it go, right? I would have to send it away...
But here we are. I used the sketch from the Mojo Monday challenge blog
I decided to keep my card simple and clean....or as simple and clean I can keep - not very good at the that, I am afraid. I mean whats a card without a bit of distressing and a bit of sparkle :)
Here's my card




Isn't Tilda the cutest? All those envelopes in her hand. And I used my new markers for coloring - much better than my old ones. These were a gift from my dear hubby, actually, my b'day gift and he got them all the way from Korea :) Isn't he the greatest ? And the fact that he went shopping alone and doesn't know Korean and isn't at all familiar with Seoul....I must admit, I had the best b'day ever.
The star is Spellbinder, distressed with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose ink pad. The sentiment is all mine. I think my handwriting has improved a bit over the years :)

I kept the inside of the card simple, with just a small tag for sending a special message. Since the background paper is quite light in color, if I wanted to write an extended message, I could do it write on the paper.


Submitting for the following challenge

 Mojo Monday Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment