Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Pastel Christmas




One of the fun parts of making so many similar themed cards ( in this case, Christmas) is that I get to try out different color schemes and see if they work. And of course, since all the Christmas themed stamps are so adorable, they usually make any and all color schemes work well. And so I tried this unusual Christmas color scheme and I think it may just work
Si I started with the sketch over at the The Sweet Stop Sketches blog


And with this adorable Henry Mouse with Christmas bauble stamp, this is what I ended with.



 Isn't he the cutest? Well, in real life, I am not very found of mice or rat or...but these stamped images of Henry, I just drool over them. They are so easy to color and so adorable. I colored them with a mix of Spectrum Noir, Faber Castell and some other alcohol ink markers. The shadow effect is done using chalk pastels and a q-tip...Very easy. There are a few liquid pearl dots in the background.
The star is a Spellbinder. It is a lot more shiny in reality than it appears in the picture. The dark blue color on the star is from a metallic blue marker so it, kind of , gleams. The sentiment is Justrite.



The papers are K&Co. I bought these a long time ago, probably my first purchase of a K&Co. paper stack. I really liked them at the time but had a hard time paring them up. But this time...it worked. I kept the inside simple. The pink twine is topped with a blue punched out star.



 Submitting for the following challenges

Sweet Stop Sketches

ABC Christmas Challenge - Your favorite die or punch. Well, mine are definitely the Spellbinders Snowflakes dies. I think I have used them on pretty much all my cards recently.

Inky Impressions Challenge - Use something old. The papers are from an old stack. Also the twine. I bought it so long ago for gift wrapping and only just realized that they look better on cards.




5 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet. Such a cute image and pretty soft colors. Love the snowflake, the papers... the finished inside looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and colourful card, Anu. I am also very fond of Henry. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so sweet! It made me smile. The colors are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Merry Christmas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card I just love Henry, Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time,
    hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete