Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Red and Green Christmas




Traditions matter....
And when we don't know what to do, we tend to fall back on the known...they give us comfort and they make us happy. And what can be more traditional than the red and green on Christmas? So when I was stuck on what colors to use for my next card, guess which papers I picked up?
Red and Green, of course....

I started with this sketch at Sketch Saturday blog - the first time I am playing there. Something about the sketch just clicked.








And here is what I came up with


Ok...so truth be told, these papers are not among my favorites. They just look too bold but somehow,  I don't mind them here. The papers are from an old DCWV Christmas paper stack. It is probably the first one I ever bought - it was on after Christmas sale at Jo-ann. Probably was $3.99 and I thought to myself, what a good deal. Well, that was then....


I think Jo-ann, Micheal's, and all the other on-line stores got the better of me since one $3.99 purchase hooked me for life. More paper. more stamps, more dies.....
Not that I am complaining, of course :) 
The image is Magnolia Tilda. The sentiment is Justrite and is matted with the Spellbinder Stars oval die. The corner is framed with Memory Box " Madera Corner"


 The inside is covered with the same paper ( you can probably guess now why I ain't too fond of the paper). In this case, I framed the sentiment box with the thicker width green paper. When I tried my usual, thin backing, it didn't work too well.

 Submitting for the following challenges

Sketch Saturday

Cute Card Thursday

Chrisma Cardz


5 comments:

  1. Magnificent traditionnel Christmas card. Pretty papers. The inside was worked as well as the outside. Good work !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card, red & green is still the best!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, hope you stop by again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing use of the layout and your papers are amazing
    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great Christmas card. I love the traditional colours you have used and your great design.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card design...inside and out! Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma....hope to see you next time too!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete