Tuesday, December 11, 2012

If the weather cooperates...



I had this card ready since saturday but the weather just refused to cooperate. It has been raining, cloudy or foggy all through the weekend and even yesterday. That is frustrating. But today, thankfully, is a better day even though it s still not perfect. The quality of pictures is not the greatest but still...

For this card, I cased the card over at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog.

I stuck to the same basic card sketch but changed the colors and the girl image to that of a boy. My son has been complaining that I have been making too many "girl-image" cards :)
So this is what I came up with.



The papers are fro a K&Company paper stack which I picked up at, of all the places, TJ Maxx. Actually I picked up 4 of them and at a bargain price of $3.99 too. Just goes to prove that good deals are everywhere, just got to be there at the right time.


So the image is Edwin and I colored it with alcohol markers - I use three different types, Spectrum Noir, Faber Castell and a South Korean brand. And so far, it has worked well for me. There is a pull-out tag from under the image with a sentiment from Justrite.




The inside of the card is simple.


This one goes in the pile for the cards that my son wants/ needs :)

Submitting for the following challenge
Creative Inspirations

Cupcake Craft Challenge

The Crazy Challenge



4 comments:

  1. lovely card annd thanks for joining us at creative this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Christmas card Anu and such a fab festive design! Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable christmas card! Love the colors and details! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great card, your son must be very glad :)! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete