Monday, December 3, 2012

Red and white






 Everyone looks good in a black dress. Similarly, every card looks good in white and....any other color. At least that's what I believe in. Thrown in any color with white and the result is amazing. So whenever I want to make a quick card, that's where I go to.
The card is a simple, minimally fussy creation with a beautiful stamped ornament from Justrite. 


The paper is from Recollections Christmas pad. The only effort in this card was cutting all the different layers. While it may not seem so, there are six different layers on top of the base card and yeah, I hate repetitive cutting or repetitive anything. But the result was so worth it....


 The ornament is minimally colored with my gel pens - sometimes they work wonder, especially in coloring tight places. They have a really fine nib. The sentiment is also from the same collection of Justrite stamps. I used the coordinating spellbinder dies to cut out the stamped portion. The ornament is hanging using layered strips of white and red paper.
I think I bought the ribbon at the Walmart store but it was so long ago, I truly do not remember. It is quite pretty with a line of pearls running through it. I had to cut out a few pearls at the end on either side so the ribbon laid flat as I tucked it under the card layers.



 
The inside of the card is lines with the same paper. The Spellbinder tag die on the left has the "Holiday Cheer" sentiment and on the right is the place to put a personal message.

Submitting for the following challenges:
Jingle Bells - December to remember

The paper shelter - Christmas is coming

Wags 'n Whiskers - Christmas

Fussy and Fancy - I love Christmas








4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Love your DP, your stamped image & sentiment, your design, and your die cut! You combined all the layers for a wonderful effect! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely christmascard! Love the beutiful red- and white papers and your great design!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Stamptacular sunday challenge, hope you will join us again soon!!

    Hugs Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very true I agree Anu, white and one other colour gives a real crisp, fresh feel to a card and I love your creation, red is my fave colour. Thanks for joining in at The Paper Shelter challenge, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anu!
    I was SO blessed to happen upon your lovely blog today. You have so many delightful projects, and I was SO inspired. Thank you for that! I just became your newest follower, and would LOVE having you follow my blog as well. Here's my blog: www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    I would like to let you know about Word Art Wednesday, and invite you to play along. We're always an Anything Goes challenge, and this week we have two awesome sponsors (Really Reasonable Ribbon and Paper Sweeties). I hope you will join us and play along.
    Have a great week, and I really hope you will join us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete